Follow the evolution of the Writer Knapsack (and even participate and help make decisions) as I create the face and materials of a new and different take on helping writers in this crazy world of publishing. Join me from the beginning and watch the website change as I work on sketches to a final logo, offer tips and tales toward final production, and develop an array of materials for those living the writing life...all to fill the pockets of your own writer knapsack.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Talk about technical issues

It is actually surprising how much technology has interfaced into our daily lives.  Even when you think you don't use it a lot, or know when, once it is gone...it's like blanking out for a moment LOL.

We live out in the country--no high speed or digital internet.  Our hub went on the fritz over the holidays and won't be ready until the 16th to get back up and running.  Even though I thought it wouldn't be too much of a problem, turns out it causes a lot more issues than I had planned for, especially since half of my work is a home office "online" business so to speak.  Luckily, we do get cell service so I can at least deal with quick emails and small things.

At the same time, I am kind of glad it happened.  It really made my children get that blank look and have to rethink their time spent on electronic devices.  The first day was a bit of an upheaval, but then they haven't really mentioned it since.  They've adapted much better than I expected.  So much so that I think I may make a two day no internet zone every couple weeks just to keep the reminder at the forefront that there are so many more things to do and rely on rather than technology.  Kindness of friends and family.  Time spent at outdoor activities and family board games that make you use different parts of your brain for a change rather than your index fingers or thumbs LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment