Follow the evolution of the Writer Knapsack (and even participate and help make decisions) as I create the face and materials of a new and different take on helping writers in this crazy world of publishing. Join me from the beginning and watch the website change as I work on sketches to a final logo, offer tips and tales toward final production, and develop an array of materials for those living the writing life...all to fill the pockets of your own writer knapsack.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Trying something new

Really, isn't that what the "new" year is for--trying new things seeing as most of us start at the beginning of the year anyway.

I'm not doing official resolutions this year, just choosing to try different things to see what will work for me.

This month (year if it works) I am trying an idea I actually did see on the internet--office squats.  Twice a day (10 and 3) you stop and do X amount of squats at the office, upping the number every couple weeks.  I've always done any workouts before or after work, but as I read this article (sorry, I didn't keep the link) it just made sense, considering most of us are at the day job upwards of eight or more hours a day.  And since I sit on my butt in front of a computer at the day AND the night job, I figured it couldn't hurt--and the fact it doesn't take much time at all sure helps.

So, I set reminders to pop up right on my computer screen and printed off a calendar to keep track with the goal to fill in the weekdays of January.  What makes me feel even better is that these are over and above the squats I do on my workouts every other day because of my bum knee.  So it's like mini turbo boosts of added exercise without all the time and planning😃

Here is the calendar now, already a full week started--office was closed the first week and I took that as much needed "me" time for the holidays.  I am hoping that I stick with this so that maybe in a few months I can post another picture of the calendar with months shown as marked off  being extra motivation.


If anyone wants to give it a go as well, I would happily cheer for you, too!

1 comment:

  1. There's a reason I play only one CD at a time--so that every 45 minutes or so, I have to trot downstairs to reload, then trot up again. Also works with laundry. While I'm at it I throw in a few stretches or curls or squats, or a hike up the drive to the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete